I decided to finally use up the last of this gorgeous Robert Kauffman cotton from my stash. Originally, I bought it as part of a Craftsy kit to make a Mother’s Day shirt for my mom. I used the rest to make the exact same shirt for myself. Twinning!
Do these fabrics look familiar? That’s because they are all leftover from a pair of running tights I made this winter. I didn’t have enough leftovers to make another pair of tights, so I decided to make a matching sports bra instead. I am guilty of wearing them at the same time… though with a shirt on top!
This is one of those projects that wasn’t planned, but just sort of happened. I finished my existing project and was ready for a new one, but didn’t feel the need to go shopping (gasp). I had this red upholstery fabric in my stash (probably from Hancock Fabrics’ going-out-of-business sale, but I can’t be sure), and thought it would make a nice skirt. I already had the Sewaholic Hollyburn pattern cut out, and knew it worked with stiffer fabrics. So, one night I found myself cutting a Hollyburn out of this mystery upholstery fabric.
I hope you’re not getting bored of my Granville shirts yet, because I’m back with a fourth! This time I made up a plaid flannel version, perfect for fall and winter.
I’m cruising along with these fall sewing goals! This is my second long-sleeved button-up shirt of the season: another Granville Shirt by Sewaholic Patterns.