I’ve checked off the first box on my fall sewing list! Today I’m showing off 3 t-shirts, made with the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern. I made a variety of views of the pattern, with a variety of fabrics, and each turned out a little differently.
Last week I posted my fall sewing plans, but before I dive into starting on those, I want to share a final summer make. This is the Sewaholic Saltspring dress, made from a Craftsy kit.
I have quite a few fun skirts in my wardrobe, but lack neutral shirts to wear with them. The last time I made a shirt for myself (other than a cardigan) was back in April 2015, and before that, November 2014. I tend to be drawn to making dresses and skirts and neglect shirts. This make is an attempt to remedy that problem.
This story starts with the fabric. I bought this fabric back in April, as part of my floral fabric shopping spree. This is finally the last make from that haul. It’s a rayon challis print that was on sale for half off. When I saw this fabric in the store, I immediately thought of my mom. She tends to like well-fitting girly clothes with simple shapes, frequently with floral prints or polka dots. Since the fabric made me think of my mom, I snatched it up immediately without a pattern in mind.