Holiday Hollyburn

Standard

This is one of those projects that wasn’t planned, but just sort of happened. I finished my existing project and was ready for a new one, but didn’t feel the need to go shopping (gasp). I had this red upholstery fabric in my stash (probably from Hancock Fabrics’ going-out-of-business sale, but I can’t be sure), and thought it would make a nice skirt. I already had the Sewaholic Hollyburn pattern cut out, and knew it worked with stiffer fabrics. So, one night I found myself cutting a Hollyburn out of this mystery upholstery fabric. Continue reading

Sewaholic Hollyburn

Standard

After seeing a million versions of the Hollyburn around the blogosphere, I decided that I wanted to give it a go myself. I had a blue skirt in high school and college that had a similar shape that I absolutely loved. Somewhere along the line either my waist got smaller, or I started wearing my skirts higher, and it no longer fit. This is my attempt at a replacement skirt.

Continue reading