Polka-dotted Peplum: McCall’s 6896

Standard

I reorganized my stash the other day, and realized that I had a decent chunk of this navy polka dot knit fabric leftover from making a dress in the fall. I wanted to make something, but not go fabric shopping (shocking, I know), so next I searched through my patterns. Ultimately, I decided to make a polka-dotted peplum top with McCall’s 6896.

Continue reading

Holiday Hollyburn

Standard

This is one of those projects that wasn’t planned, but just sort of happened. I finished my existing project and was ready for a new one, but didn’t feel the need to go shopping (gasp). I had this red upholstery fabric in my stash (probably from Hancock Fabrics’ going-out-of-business sale, but I can’t be sure), and thought it would make a nice skirt. I already had the Sewaholic Hollyburn pattern cut out, and knew it worked with stiffer fabrics. So, one night I found myself cutting a Hollyburn out of this mystery upholstery fabric. Continue reading

Recreating my favorite summer maxi dress

Standard

My favorite dress to wear in the summer is a store-bought red and tan printed maxi dress by London Times. I’ve had it for quite a few years now, and don’t remember where I got it. If I had to guess, I would say either Ross’s or Nordstrom Rack. I haven’t been able to find another maxi dress that suits me as well as this one, so I decided to try to recreate it!

Continue reading