When Sewaholic released the Oakridge Blouse and the Granville Shirt in rapid succession back in 2015, I immediately gravitated toward the Granville. I’ve made it 5 times now (see here, here, here, here, and here) and have plans for at least 2 more. The Oakridge also seemed interesting, but it sat on the back burner. Finally, almost 2 years later I’ve gotten around to making it.
Last week I posted my fall sewing plans, but before I dive into starting on those, I want to share a final summer make. This is the Sewaholic Saltspring dress, made from a Craftsy kit.
I sewed up my first bra just over two years ago. It was a long-line bralette made with the Watson pattern by Cloth Habit. It still gets occasional wear, but after a two-year hiatus, I was ready to jump back in and try again, this time with a “real bra” complete with underwire.
A while ago I made the dangerous decision to sign up for Craftsy’s mailing list. I get occasional emails from them, now, advertising classes and sewing kits. Right before mother’s day, I was tempted enough to open up the email and click on a link. About an hour of browsing later, I ordered two kits. The first became my mom’s mother’s day present, the other, this dress.