My goal for Me Made May 2019 was to wear only me-made clothes, with 3 exceptions: athletic socks, athletic swimsuit, and a bridesmaids dress. I thought that this might be difficult for me, because Me Made May 2019 was my first Me Made May post-grad school, requiring semi-professional clothes on most weekdays. It was also a crazy busy month for me, with personal travel on every weekend. But, I made it through without much struggle!
Here’s what I wore:
- Day 1: McCall’s 6891 (09/2016)
- Day 2: Jasika Blazer (unblogged), Sasha Trousers (unblogged), and Natalie Top (07/2018)
- Day 3: Chambray Granville Shirt (09/2016), Ginger Jeans (01/2017), and Renfrew Tee (09/2017)
- Day 4: Vernazza Two Piece (unblogged)
- Day 5: Ogden Cami (unblogged) and Ginger Jeans (01/2017)
- Day 6: Kellie Dress (03/2019)
- Day 7: McCall’s 7429 (10/2016)
- Day 8: Floral Granville Shirt (06/2017) and Sasha Trousers (unblogged)
- Day 9: Chambray Granville Shirt (09/2016), Ginger Jeans (01/2017), and Ogden Cami (06/2017)
- Day 10: Kielo Wrap Dress (10/2017)
- Day 11: Davie LBD (08/2018) and Julia Cardigan (09/2014)
- Day 12: Chambray Granville Shirt (09/2016), Ginger Shorts (unblogged), and Floral Ogden Cami (06/2017)
- Day 13: NewLook 6123 (09/2017) and Terry Tie Cardigan (10/2018)
- Day 14: NewLook 6123 (01/2019) and Jasika Blazer (unblogged)
- Day 15: Go Anywhere Dress (01/2016) and White Granville Shirt (02/2018)
- Day 16: Go Anywhere Dress (12/2014) and circle scarf (unblogged)
- Day 17: McCall’s 6896 (04/2017) and Ginger Jeans (01/2017)
- Day 18: Cora Tights (01/2017) and Tie Back Tank (04/2019)
- Day 19: Hingerland Dress (unblogged)
- Day 20: Butterick 6168 (12/2017)
- Day 21: Oakridge Blouse (11/2017) and Sasha Trousers (unblogged)
- Day 22: Wiggle Skirt (01/2019) with Ogden Cami (unblogged) and Terry Tie Cardigan (10/2018)
- Day 23: Floral NewLook 0180 (05/2014) and Julia Cardigan (09/2014)
- Day 24: McCall’s 7503 (04/2018)
- Day 25: No pic–wearing a bridesmaid’s dress!
- Day 26: Hinterland Dress (unblogged) and Chambray Granville Shirt (09/2016)
- Day 27: Ginger Jean Shorts (09/2016) and Floral Plantain Tee (04/2014)
- Day 28: Sadie Pants (06/2017) and Chambray Granville Shirt (09/2016)
- Day 29: Davie Dress (06/2018)
- Day 30: NewLook 0180 (11/2015)
- Day 31: Plaid Granville (unblogged) and Black Ginger Jeans (05/2018)
It turned out that it wasn’t very challenging to wear only me-made items for a month. The most difficult part, by far, was not work-appropriate clothing, but exercise clothing. I only have one pair of me-made running shorts, and 3 or 4 sports bras. If I wasn’t regularly exercising, I could have down laundry far less frequently in the month of May.
I wore almost no skirts in the month of May. I really haven’t been waring skirts at all, but hadn’t realized it until going through this exercise. It’s been all about dresses and pants since I managed to make some work-appropriate pants that I like (Sasha Trousers…will be blogged eventually…).
My most-worn item, by a long shot, was my Chambray Granville Shirt. This shirt has shrunk in the wash and is just a smidge too small. I’d love to make a new version that is more comfortable to wear. It’s clearly a wardrobe workhorse!
Alright, that’s enough random musings for now. I have clearly fallen behind on blogging my new makes. Now to get out there and take some blog pics!