Another day, another Sewaholic pattern. I’m back with yet another Sewaholic Granville shirt. It’s hard to believe that I’ve made 7 button-down shirts already, much less 7 of the same pattern!
For this version, I finally made the fit adjustment I should have about 5 versions ago and lowered the bust dart almost an inch. It now hits in the right spot, and probably will after my fabric inevitably shrinks a bit more too.
This fabric was a remnant from Joann’s. I’m not sure what it’s made out of, but it has a really interesting weave. It is made up of a series of squares, and every other square is woven more loosely than its neighbor, which creates a checkered pattern. You can see this better in the picture below. There was only about 30″ of it, so I was able to cut out the main pattern pieces of it, but not the extra little bits.
This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I think that this shirt has the prettiest insides of anything I’ve ever made. I cut all of the remaining bits (yoke facing, inner collar stand, under collar, and bias tape for the armscyes) out of some seersucker left over from making this dress. Seersucker makes the prettiest bias tape. I made plenty of extra and can’t wait to use it on more projects.
There’s not much else to say about this make, except that it is nice and breezy for summer!
Pattern: Granville Shirt by Sewaholic Patterns in size 2
Fabric: 30″ of mystery grey woven fabric from Joann’s remnant bin
Notions: 6 buttons, interfacing from stash
Cost: unknown (probably <$5)
Time: 6 hours